This book is a selection of the greatest horror short stories ever written. Masters of their art, the authors succeed in creating a subtle atmosphere of unease in their stories and bring into them elements of the supernatural. As your eyes glance furtively above the page to that half-opened door and the shadows that lurk beyond, the stories will leave you shaken and thrilled, but in no way repulsed. A great collection for those who like to feel their skin crawl and their hair stand on end. Stephen King's "The Monkey" is a great way to start!
1. "The Monkey" by Stephen King
2. "The Parasite" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
3. "The Feasting Dead" by John Metcalfe
4. "There's a Long, Long Trail A-Winding" by Russell Kirk
5. "The Damned" by Algernon Blackwood